Undimmed a Photoshop Action

Hey pals, what's up? I hope you're doing great. Today I'm sharing with you a Photoshop Action I use when editing my Sims 4 CAS screenshots. This is the first Photoshop Action I upload (except for my Palettes) therefore I am very excited (and a little nervous).

CAS:

Use the slider to see the changes.

With just one click, this action gets rid of EA's greenish tone, and gives your screenshots a bright, vibrant, and sharp yet smooth effect. Indeed you get to light up and tone your sims with more vibrant colors and bring them rich tones but not too much.

I don't know, but I think it gives a lively and more realistic effect. It basically comes in 4 steps, it sharpens, smooths, adjusts the colors, and then it sharpens again.

I made it to use it on CAS screenshots and it works best with them, but I think it looks pretty decent on In-game ones. But I leave it to you to judge for yourselves.

In-game by day:

 Use the slider to spot the changes.

In-game by night:

Use the slider to spot the changes.

Tools used:

  • Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.
  • Topaz Clean.
  • Topaz Denoise.

You need:

* For those who don't have Topaz Labs installed, I made an action without Topaz Clean and Topaz Denoise.

How to install and use

  1. Download the .atn file.
  2. Open Photoshop, go to Actions Panel (which you can find by clicking on the Window menu or by pressing Alt+F9).
  3. Click the drop menu and select "Load Actions".
  4. Select the .atn file and load it.
  5.  Some filters (sharpen for example) only affect one layer so if you have multiple layers I recommend you merge the visible one by pressing Shift+Ctrl+Alt+E.
  6. Make the layer you want to apply the action to active.
  7. Play the action you want. 
Download
If it doesn't work properly don't hesitate to Contact Me.
That's it folks, I hope you like it.
Peace, Nords xoxo

Credit

  • EA Games/Maxis.
  • Freepik for the label.

Special Thanks

List of CC used in the previews.